Friday, December 28, 2007

The dangers of upgrading your website

It's always risky updating your website as you never know what will break. I changed the layout of my IT Queries site a week back and promptly messed up the ads and Google Analytics.

So it's with sympathy I note the problems on the Newsagent's blog, particularly with posting comments and linking to posts.

This is why the PC Rescue site looks so bloody awful. I designed it in 1999 (if design is the right word) and I'm loathe to change it because of the risk of breaking it.

I know the site would work a lot better in a blog format, but the thought of getting the design right, the inevitable teething problems and the time and effort importing the old posts into the new system gives me a headache.

Still, editing posts in Notepad gives me a headache too, so I'm working on it.

No comments: